When should I get my oil changed?
- You should have your oil changed every 5000 km or as recommended in your owners manual.
Why is my engine oil milky brown?
- Milky brown oil indicates coolant in your oil. This can be caused by a blown head gasket, failed transmission cooler or cracked casings. This is a very serious condition and needs to be checked by a professional technician.
When should I replace my fuel filter?
- Replace your vehicles fuel filter every 50,000 km or as recommended in your owners manual to ensure dependable, trouble free performance.
What should I do if I notice a vibration?
- A vibration is an indication of a problem with your steering system, suspension system or tires. You should have all of these systems checked to determine the cause of the vibration.If the problem is not corrected, the vibration could cause excessive tire and suspension wear.
What are the consequences of postponing vehicle maintenance?
- Many parts on your vehicle are interrelated. Ignoring maintenance can lead to specific parts or an entire system failure. Ignoring even simple routine maintenance such as oil changes or checking your coolant can lead to poor fuel economy, unreliability or expensive breakdowns. Properly maintaining your vehicle is less expensive than repairs from negligence.
Why is it better to have routine maintenance done at a car repair facility rather than at a quick lube facility?
- The employees at a quick lube facility are often trained to strictly do oil changes. Compare that level of knowledge and training with a certificed mechanic. Your vehicle will thank you for the attention of a real mechanic, even for routine services.
How often should I rotate my tires?
- Your tires should be rotated every other oil change, or 10,000km. Neglecting to rotate your tires is a major cause of premature tire wear.
What does it mean if my "Check Engine" light or "Service Engine Soon" light comes on?
- There are many sensors and computerized components that manage your vehicles engine performance and emissions. When one of these fails the "Check Engine" light is illuminated. Although your vehicle may run fine it is important to have the issue addressed immediately to prevent long-term problems.
How long does it take to repair my vehicle?
- Normally we are able to complete repairs in one day. However depending on the extent of the repair and the availability of parts it may take longer.
Can I leave my vehicle with you in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon?
- Yes you may leave your vehicle with us and we will contact you when the repairs are completed.
What are your hours of operation?
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Saturday appointments are usually available if made in advance.